southerncharmbooks

Southern Charm Books

I'm Ramzi. Super mom to Easton. Girlfriend/Bestfriend/Sock-pickerupper to Luke. Insurance agenent. Mexican food. Mascato. Book lover. Blogger.

The Edge of Darkness
Melissa Andrea
Night After Night
Lauren Blakely
Wanted
Kelly Elliott
Beautifully Damaged (Beautifully Damaged)
L.A. Fiore
Progress: 20 %
Flat-Out Celeste
Jessica Park

Monster In His eyes

21956060

Honestly, this book surprised me. Not that it should have because everyone was very upfront about it being somewhat "dark".  The lead character, Naz truly is a Monster. But the whole book is beautiful and damaged and completely compelling. I usually go for a "lighter" tone.. but this book had me from the start.

Karissa is a struggling college student, trying her best to pass philosophy in order to keep her scholarship. She's a ramen noodle type of girl with a roommate that's a polar opposite of her. Then she meets Naz, he brings her home after she has been drugged at a club. It's the beginning of a romance that steals everyone's breath away..

In his own dark, disturbing way I believe he truly does love Karissa. He has issues that I don't think any amount of therapy will ever solve, and she seems to fall at his feet as if it's nothing. But regardless, it was such a great book. It's captivating and I couldn't put it down.

The only thing I disliked about the book is the cliffhanger.. which blew me out the water. NO idea that was coming. Now I have to wait for the second to come out! Which is frustrating but I will patiently wait!

5 Stars!!